Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We started off the night heading over to the local outdoor mall to trick or treat there. I was really just hoping for some good coupons--instead we got large crowds and chaos. The kids still had fun. We came home, ate a quick dinner of "Ghoulash" and hit the streets. The kids ran from house to house--they were so excited! Audrey was so funny--she couldn't run very well in her costume but she was trying. Lincoln was such a trooper and made it up and down two whole streets before Ryan took him home to put him to bed. He could have kept going, but it occurred to me that if we didn't start passing out candy we were going to have a huge sugar problem on our hands. I continued on with the other kids--we really only went on three streets in all, but by the time we got back the girls could barely carry their bags! There was even one house giving out full size candy bars!! What is up with that?! It makes me feel slightly guilty that I try to buy the cheapest candy possible. Anyway--HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! May all of us parents survive the next few days until the candy is gone. (At least I have a lot of extra chocolate in house now!!)
At the mall...Darth Vader, Queen Ambidala, Padme and Yoda.

Ready to go trick or treating!The big haul.

7 comments:

Priscilla said...

Oh, my gosh! The kids' costumes are awesome!! Looks like they did pretty well getting a good stash of candy. I always hide a few mini Snickers or Milky Ways for later when I need a fix! Hope you all had a fun Halloween!

Erin said...

Love the family theme! I've tried to do that with our family too. I'm not sure how long it will last so I'll take it while I can! Looks like you ended up with a great stash!

Genni said...

I love the costumes, the kids look great! Josh and Emma fit right in as a Jedi and Princess Leia!

Anonymous said...

The kids look so great! That yoda costume is so cute. Lincoln looks perfect in it. I am both sad and glad the kids did not get any candy. Glad because they won't fill up on it. Sad because I don't get to rummage through and pick out the good stuff. Ah well. Enjoy your chocolate.

Jenni said...

Great theme! You're Halloween dedication is inspiring.

I couldn't believe the loot Luke came home with this year. (I haven't inspected Brandon's yet. He was busy trading with friends.) Seriously, though. What's the deal with the full sized candy bars? I'm like you...I give out the stuff I'm not tempted to eat while it is sitting in my house.

Anonymous said...

Awesome costumes!

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

They look GREAT!!!