Wednesday, October 8, 2008

When will I ever learn?

I was taking Chloe's hair out before her bath this evening and all of a sudden this fell to the floor.


The girls are almost five years old and apparently they still can't be trusted with scissors. I have been trying to grow their hair out forever and it seems like every time we make a bit of progress they decide to cut it themselves!! She was trying to hack her entire little bun right off her head!!! Thank goodness this is all she got...

7 comments:

Gary and Amy said...

I guess I was guilty of the same thing. Mom likes to tell the story of when I cut my bangs almost to my scalp just a few short hours before my first day of kindergarten. Who knows why I did, but it makes for funny stories, right? I can only imagine your surprise when it fell to the floor.

Stohl Family said...

Oh my gosh! That does not look like just a little bit of hair to me! What a shock that must have been.

Jenni said...

Holy cow. I probably would have freaked, thinking it was a rodent or something on the floor.

I have to say, though, that they'll probably never grow out of it. :-) At least, I haven't. Every few weeks or so, I take scissors to my hair. Always gives my hair stylist a bit of a shock. "Been cutting your own hair again, Jenni?"

And then I look sheepish....probably about like your girls.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lindsay! No after shot? How is the damage? I'm so glad we've never gone through that. Dylanie is certain that her hair can get as long as Rapunzel's so she is giving it a valiant effort. Those silly girls.

Heidi said...

Holy moly! I can say that with Kate we haven't had to deal with self-imposed hair cuts.

Kayla said...

that's a LOT! I can't believe she did that! I would freak if it were avery, she doesn't have enough hair to handle that, she'd probably look bald.....why did she do that? was it bothering her? does she care? avery would have fits (she wants long long long long long hair....poor girl will probably never have it either....)

Lindsay said...

Why did she do it? I have no idea. This isn't the first time...

She said she wanted short hair. Luckily her handiwork was pretty well placed. You can't really tell she did it--unless you look closely at her pigtails and notice that one is thinner than the other.