Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Beautiful day




Yesterday I decided to try to get pictures of the kids with all the beautiful fall leaves. A little on my background--I grew up in a place where the autumn turned the leaves from green to ugly brown, and I lived the past six years in a place without trees, so I find myself amazed on a daily basis by the incredible beauty of the fall. It is literally breathtaking! Trying to get a picture with all four kids by myself was interesting, to say the least. Lincoln was tired and kept crawling toward me as soon as I got everyone into position. And then, of course, all the other kids were looking at him instead of the camera. Oh well, I did get one pretty good one that I will put on as the blog header for next month. Gotta love this last one--Lincoln completely NOT facing the camera and Chloe's eyes closed. BUT check out that bush behind them!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a burning bush. I love them and have them all around my house! Love the kids too.

Heidi said...

The colors are incredible where you are! We're still waiting for the colors to turn here. They keep saying it's going to be a good year for foliage, but I'm ready to see it! Great pictures. And, Kim's right. It's a burning bush. We have a bunch of them around our house, too. Katelyn says it's "fancy" when it turns red.

Heather said...

Nice! Go ahead and rub in the fall leaves, trees, cool temperatures that I will never (at least until retirement) be able to live in again.
Oh well, I won't be jealous of your snow.

Kayla said...

aren't you glad you took those pics? now with the wind there won't be any leaves left on the trees! i actually love the one of the back of L's head! his hair looks so sweet and cute and babyish....

Mean Mommy said...

Oooh! Green...colors....pretty!

I'm jealous.