Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Spontaneity

Yesterday I took the girls and Lincoln to the library for a special storytime. They got to wear their costumes and go "trick or treating" around the stacks. It was fun, but Isaac was extremely disappointed that he had to go to school and miss out. As we were driving home, Isaac's school came into view and I happened to look at the clock and realized that it was just about his lunch time at school. I made a snap decision, pulled into the school parking lot and went and checked him out. We kidnapped him and took him to Wendy's for lunch. I was so excited and said, "Don't you think I am the coolest mom ever? Aren't you excited?!" He hesitated and said, "Sort of, but I'm nervous." I asked him why and he said, "I'm afraid we are going to get caught." I tried to explain to him that as his mother I have the right to take him out of school for any reason, besides the fact that he was just missing lunch and recess. He finally started to feel better when he realized that some kids were off-track right now, so anyone who saw him would just think he was off track too. We had a lot of fun after that! Here are my little truants...

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Good for you! Of course, that makes you the best mom ever!