Today the girls had their Halloween presentation at school. It started off with a costume parade. They decided to wear their Dorothy dresses that Grammie made them for their birthday, which was a good choice as we have noticed that kids their age have no idea who Padme and Queen Ambidala are! (We will do our real costumes tomorrow, never fear fellow Star Wars enthusiasts.) Anyway, after they showed off their costumes they sang some cute Halloween songs and served us some cookies they had made. They did a good job, even though they didn't crack a smile the entire time (big surprise there!)

After school we came home and carved pumpkins. It was slimy and messy and stressful, and I think Lincoln may have consumed some raw pumpkin and seeds in the process, but we got it done. The results were...interesting. There are a few things I am an absolute perfectionist about, but carving pumpkins is definitely NOT one of them. (I've seen some of your blogs, people--some of you really take carving pumpkins to a new level!) Lincoln's cute little pumpkin was an absolute NIGHTMARE to carve--it was like trying to chisel through marble or something. Anyway, they are done, on the porch ready for the big night...and all the pumpkin breads, pies and muffins they will soon become!

The girls are modeling the scary witches they made at school today. Isaac was pretending that his pumpkin was eating him and Lincoln, true to form, crawled out of the picture to do his own thing.
4 comments:
I think pumpkin carving is my least favorite family tradition. I tried to convince the kids that painting them would be more fun... it didn't work. I made Ben do all the work.
At least you managed to carve them without having to make a trip to the emergency room. I say that makes for a successful family activity.
Love the Dorothy dresses. Isn't Grammie the best? Happy Halloween! It is Halloween morning for me.
I love that Issac's pumpkin is eating him! Boys are just that--boys! (Although, my Kate would probably do the same!)
Post a Comment