Friday, October 17, 2008

Random Day...

This morning the whole neighborhood was alive with excitement because a helicopter was coming to land at the elementary school!! I guess it was the National Guard coming in to help kick off red ribbon week. So of course, we couldn't miss out on the excitement. We bundled up and met Isaac there with some of our friends. Chloe was a bit disappointed that they weren't giving all the kids rides in the helicopter! The girls got even more excited when two Bronco's cheerleaders and Miss Colorado hopped out of the helicopter to tell us all to not do drugs. Pretty cool! I don't know if it was because of the early hour or what, but all the pictures of my kids look awful--eyes squinting or half closed, goofy smiles, etc.

Then tonight was the annual chili cook-off at church. Or, I guess it used to be the annual chili cook-off but they decided to do chicken sandwiches instead. Only I never got the memo so I cooked up a batch of my excellent secret ingredient chili and took it to get judged. Luckily I wasn't the only one who didn't hear about the big change--there were two other pots of chili there. Anyway, we had to leave early because my kids can't handle late nights, so I guess I'll never know who won out of the three of us. Mine was long gone, so I guess that is a good sign! Here is Lincoln and his new little friend, Katie. She is a month older than him and already walking. He is pretty jealous...(Okay, so I'm the jealous one. Whatever.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I expected the same thing as you--chili cookoff and then the chicken on the side for the non-chili eaters. I always thought the chili contest was fun so I'm bummed that they nixed it--hope they bring it back next year. I wonder if they changed it this year just so they could use up that chicken?

I bet your chili was yummy!

Amy said...

I guess I should check this more than once a week huh? I didn't even know my little cutie was here!
Don't worry about the walking, it's not all it's cracked up to be. More bumps and bruises lately that's for sure!