Friday, October 10, 2008

Why, why, why?!

All afternoon I have been smelling a distinctive smell in the hallway. I finally narrowed down the location to the half bath, but I still couldn't figure out what the smell was. It was decidedly summery and sweet. Upon further investigation, I noticed there was a filmy substance all over the sink, mirror, walls and toilet--inside and out. I wondered if one of the kids had sprayed some Lysol in there, but the smell still didn't seem right. All of a sudden it hit me--sunscreen. Spray-on sunscreen. ALL OVER the bathroom. It was Chloe. I have no idea what possessed her to do THAT.



What I really want to know is--why don't any of you ever post things like this on your blogs?! Really, I think my kids are the only ones who do such random things!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never know when the bathroom might get a sunburn...

Genni said...

Well Lindsay,
Today Emma got ahold of the scissors again, and no she did not cut her hair, but she decided to cut Mary's again. She was in the backyard and when Mary came in clumps of hair were falling to the ground. When will they ever learn!!!!!!!!..SO, I promise you these things happen to all of us!!

Jenni said...

I've never had a "goop" kind of mess. My kids HATE getting anything weird, sticky, lotiony, or textured on their hands, so I think that's why I've avoided those kind of messes. There isn't any temptation for them to crack open a bottle of something, because then they'd probably have to touch it.

They're highly annoying in other ways, though....love them like I do.

Luke used to have a problem with coloring walls and furniture with pens, markers, crayons, mascara...glad he grew out of that. Aargh.

Unknown said...

Ah, you must have missed my blog post where Maren got into 2 boxes (that's 8 bottles) of liquid food coloring and smeared it all over herself, the kitchen counter, down the cabinets, all over the chair and the wood floor...

or there was the time that she spilled an entire bottle of kelly green liquid Rit dye all over my desk, chair, and the carpet in the office, while Quin was out of town...

Or the time that she got an entire tube of A&D ointment smeared in her hair and all over her body...

Or the time she wrote all over the wood floor and the garbage can with a black permanent Magic Marker...

Or on Wednesday when she combined about 4 separate bottles of cake sprinkles into one bowl,and now we still have sprinkles all over the floors. There have been several sprinkle-spilling incidents, come to think of it...

Or the time last year where she ripped up 3 hardcover library books over the space of about one week..

Nope, it's not just your kids! I could go on and on. :)

Lindsay said...

Oh, Heidi, I did see your video of Maren with the food coloring--you handled that like a pro! I'm so glad to know that we aren't the only ones...

Heather said...

Lindsay, if I posted all these types of situations that would be all I posted. Today I cleaned my carpets and when I when I took a phone call Kyan dumped the carpet shampoo all over himself and Brittan.

Anonymous said...

I am now cosidering myself lucky. We've had incidents in our house, but mine just don't measure up to yours or the comments previously listed. I hope I'm not in for it later! I'll be sure to start posting when things like this happen, though. That Chloe...she's had a crazy week, huh?! I feel for ya. At least sunscreen smells good (to me, anyway).

When Dylanie was two, she poured baby poweder ALL OVER her room. I kind of had a fit and put her in timeout and told her to never do it again. When I walked in a couple of minutes later, she had poured the whole rest of the bottle on the areas she had missed the first time. Not a good day. Baby powder and hardwood floors are not good. Carpet would have been a lot easier to clean up.

Oh, the fun we get to have!

Kayla said...

i think Chloe is just really creative....she must have gotten that creative genius gene from you! :) she just hasn't learne to channel it yet like you have.

Amy said...

I'm just glad to see she kept it in the bathroom. My boys have gotten all sorts of goopy messes everywhere. But their favorite place is their beds. Desitin all over bedding is not a fun thing to clean!
Oh and not even a week after we moved here Parker got ahold of a bottle of Elmer's Glue and dumped the whole bottle of it in the water dispenser of the fridge! The kid is lucky he is still alive after that one. Especially since the day before he got ahold of my bottle of eye makeup remover (Clinique no less!) and dumped it down the sink.
Chloe and Parker would make a great team together! :)