Saturday, May 17, 2008
Sad times
Poor Audrey was really having a hard time tonight. It all started when we got her prize cake out after dinner to have some for dessert. Apparently she was under the impression that because she had won the cake, she was entitled to eat it all, in one sitting. A logical assumption, really. Needless to say, that whole situation didn't end well and she was very upset as we took her upstairs to start the bedtime ritual. She started throwing a fit in the shower, screaming for me, because when the girls are upset, they always want the parent who isn't there. I went in to her so Ryan didn't have to listen to her scream and calmed her down a bit. She was still sobbing when suddenly she must have felt a little remorseful about the way she had treated her Daddy. She looked at me with her sad, green eyes and said, "Did I break his feelings?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
how cute- sometimes my kiddos break my feelings without them even meaning to! But it is true that they scream for the other parent, I especially can't help but laugh when it is yelled over the shoulder of the parent that is trying so quickly to get the screamer out of sacrament meeting! I just put my head down.
Tantrum: not fun, but apology for "breaking his feelings," very darling.
Hey Lindsay! how's live in Colorado? We moved too Nebraska just shortly after you all moved. Anyway, hope you are all doing well!
Hey Lindsay! Fun to see your blog! I can't believe how much your girls have grown up!! I remember when they were born!! And your little boy is SO cute! Aren't babies the best? We are enjoying our little one too. I didn't know Ryan was in school? What is he majoring in? Jaran is starting an MBA program in the fall, so it's comforting to know other people are in the same boat too :)
Post a Comment