Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rainy Day

We woke up to dark, overcast skies. I love it! After living in Arizona with it's 354 days of flippin' sunshine a year--I LOVE the rain!!! This morning we decided it was finally time to give the grass head guys a trim. Well--more like a shave by the time the kids were through.Then we made "Fuzzy Monsters." This is how projects go at our house:
Kid 1: Mom glue this!
Kid 2: Mommy put this thing here!
Kid 3: Mommy I want what she has!
Kid 4: (Cry)
Mom: Okay, let me plug in the glue gun, feed Lincoln, glue on one thing, put Lincoln down for a nap, glue on one more thing for someone else and...
Kid 1: Mom, why haven't you glued my thing yet?
At this point the kids start to lose interest and I am left to assemble the projects, calm Lincoln down (because I was never able to soothe him to sleep properly in the first place) then I clean everything up. Usually while I am sweeping someone will either ask for something to eat, or ask what our next project will be.

Ah, motherhood.

Scary fuzzy monsters! The kids set them up in a line in front of the garage door to scare Ryan when he came home.

Did you notice that they are all still in their pajamas?! They didn't even get dressed until after lunch today. Sometimes I'm just not up to the battle of getting them dressed!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I seriously see these posts and feel like you put me to shame as a mother! I think you're making great memories with your kids.