Saturday, May 17, 2008

Home Improvement

Now that Ryan is done with his semester, he is probably looking back on his late nights doing homework with a sense of real longing. The honey-do list that was made while I waited patiently for the semester to end is quite long and we only have this summer to get it all done before Ryan starts school again in the fall. We have been going crazy getting projects done around the house. We are waiting for the building permits to come in so that we can enclose the loft. As soon as that is done, we start finishing the basement. I'm hoping that Ryan will still have time (and energy) after the basement is done to do the deck. This week while we are waiting for the building permit, we have been re-doing all the lighting (getting rid of the UGLY brass) as well as a few other projects. Here is what Ryan stayed up until 3 am last night installing...

Yahoo!!! The sink that came with our house left much to be desired. It was old and sooooo shallow. I am so excited to have this new one! Here is some of the lighting he has installed in the last few days...
I do try to help where I can. For instance I removed the old lighting fixture that was above the kitchen table all by myself (I only had to call him at work 4 times!) and I am letting him sleep in as I type this...
As soon as he wakes up its back to work! On the docket for today--exterior lights, dining room light, hanging knobs in the girls room, finish sanding the banister so I can paint it, move some furniture, fix the sprinklers and the garage door and take the kids to the school carnival. I guess I must be married to Clark Kent.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

yeah! i really like the fixture above the table, and the wall sconce! hopefully Ryan isn't too tired out from all those lights. LIghts always put Jared in a bad mood....

can't wait to see more results from all your 'projectness'.

Unknown said...

Everything looks so great! I can't believe he got that all done in one day. Whew!

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult was doing the light? LOL I ask because I just bought the neatest light at a thrift and I want to hang it over my sink, and I'll probably end up doing it myself. How scared should I be? ;)

Lindsay said...

Heidi--Ryan is an electrical engineer, so for him its easy. If you want help, I'm sure he would be glad to do it for you. It's all Greek to me!