Jenni and I were friends in Arizona, but we've both moved around since and we realized today that we haven't seen each other or our families in over three years! It was so much fun to get together in person again!! Jenni's oldest, Brandon and Isaac used to be great friends and the girls and her second, Luke are the same age. Oh yeah, and we both have bouncing baby boys! They all had a great time together. For some reason which no one could figure out, Luke kept calling Audrey Asia. I think eventually she just started responding to it. We met up at the Museum of Nature and Science and basically let our husbands shepherd the kids around while Jenni and I sat in the dinosaur puppet play place and talked. Oh, we did hit the planetarium too, which was about Black Holes and admittedly way over my head, but fun to look at. It scared Lincoln half to death at first, which was pretty funny.
After the museum, we went to a famous Denver landmark, Casa Bonita. How do you begin to describe such a place? It is in the middle of the ghetto--seriously, you know you are in a sketchy neighborhood when the tattoo parlors don't even have professional signs--just plywood with spray paint. The restaurant itself is in a strip mall. When Chloe saw it, she said, "It's beautiful! I want to get married there!" When you go inside, it is like you are in a Mexican village or something. There are caves for the kids to explore and even very friendly cliff divers. Oh! And all-you-can-eat sopapillas! It's kind of hard to explain, but come visit us and we will brave the ghetto and the bad-ish food to take you there! Or better yet, just wait until Chloe's wedding reception!!
It was such a fun day! Thanks for coming, Jenni! Hopefully it won't be another three years before we get together again!
6 comments:
Cute little Asia. She is the only one actually cooperating in that picture, huh.
I didn't notice how many sopapillas you ate...I was too busy stuffing my own face!
XOXO!
I remember that restaurant from when we were little! I was obssessed with it! How fun you went!
Erin, Isaac wants to have his birthday party there! You guys should come out for the 4th!! We will treat you to Casa Bonita and all the memories and indigestion that go along with it!
yeah, it is pretty freaky driving down colfax....but then you reach Casa Bonita, and it is all worth it! a true denver experience. glad you guys liked it. my girls loved the caves and the cliff divers....and i too loved the sopapillas.
All you can eat sopaipillas? That is my idea of HEAVEN! Mmmmmmmm....
Lindsay, I have to tell you that I literally laugh out loud when I read the things that your kids say-- especially the girls. The breakfast prayer on Mother's Day cracked.me.up! I know it may not be so charming when you're in the moment, but I find it to be hilarious. :)
Oh my holy poo... I'm LOVIN the shot of the love-birds on the right. Gosh, you've got to love Luke when he's in a mood.
What a fun day! And, Mmmmmm.... Sopapillas. You lucky, lucky girls!
Post a Comment