So you might be able to understand why I LOSE IT completely every morning about 20 minutes after breakfast is over and I have just finished cleaning the kitchen when the girls invariably wander in and say, "Can I have a snack?"
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Words I hate
Every morning I make a delicious, home-cooked breakfast for my kids. We do muffins, pancakes, waffles, breakfast cakes, breads and cinnamon rolls--all from scratch mind you, no mixes or boxes here. If I am feeling really lazy I might do oatmeal. We don't eat cold cereal except as a really special treat. I do this for a lot of reasons--it saves a ton of money for one thing, but I also really love to cook and send my kids off for their day with a healthy, delicious meal in their tummies. Here is what I made today...a mixed berry crostata with a whole wheat pastry crust.
So you might be able to understand why I LOSE IT completely every morning about 20 minutes after breakfast is over and I have just finished cleaning the kitchen when the girls invariably wander in and say, "Can I have a snack?"
So you might be able to understand why I LOSE IT completely every morning about 20 minutes after breakfast is over and I have just finished cleaning the kitchen when the girls invariably wander in and say, "Can I have a snack?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So are you going to post the recipe?
Ha, Ha! I'm actually relieved to hear that it's not just my kids who do that exact darn thing! It doesn't seem to matter what they eat, or the quantity at mealtime, within a half an hour they're asking for something to eat. Is there any way to end this insanity before someone gets hurt?!
(It does look delicious, by the way.)
So if you hear a knock on the door one these mornings at about 8:00 a.m. don't be alarmed--it's just me, coming over for breakfast. :) Seriously, that looks delicious!
I'm with Heidi. I'll plan on getting there a few minutes early so I can get a good seat at the table.
Oh Heidi and Jenni, you might want to leave pretty early. We eat at about 6:30 am.
That looks delicious (and you know where I live if there are ever any leftovers!)!
I also hate when I have worked hard to create a delicious dinner and my husband and the boys ask for Ketchup to put on the meal! Can you believe it? How insulting!
Post a Comment