Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Rearranging...again.

In the past few weeks we have decided once and for all that the girls cannot share a room. We have tried it a few times, and we always come to the same conclusion. They start off okay, but a few months into it they start staying up to play and suddenly their bedtime is later and later and later and I am the one that suffers the consequences of sleep-deprived children.

Well, this presented a few challenges in our new house. There are currently only three bedrooms upstairs. We are adding a fourth SOON (it can't be soon enough--it will be Lincoln's--he is still in with us.) We decided to kick Isaac out of his bedroom and move him down to what was the temporary playroom (the new playroom will be in the basement as soon as it is finished--also on the "to do" list for the upcoming months.) This meant that I had to redecorate everything--which is good and bad. I just got Isaac's new room finished today. The new girls room is still a work in progress, but I am really excited about it! I will post pictures when it is done. And as for now, there is no playroom, but I kind of like it that way--things stay a lot cleaner when all the toys are in the basement (which is off-limits to the kids until finished.)

Isaac has said since we moved here that he wanted a space/rocket ship room, but I knew I didn't want to do anything on the walls, because I want this to be a room he can "grow" with. This is the solution I came up with! These stretched canvas things are from Michaels, and we just painted them. I let Isaac help...not easy for a perfectionist to let a 6 year old in on things, but I think they turned out pretty cute! The color is kind of off in the first picture, but you get the idea.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

How do you sleep with Lincoln in with you? Seriously?!? I'm amazed. You are Super Mom!

I've never been able to share a room with a baby, child, or husband very effectively. Too noisy. Must sleep.

Lindsay said...

I hate it! Believe me--this bedroom has been a long time coming. If Ryan wasn't in school it would have been done ages ago!

Kayla said...

It is TOOO cute, and now that I've seen it in person, even cuter. Can't wait to see the girls' room.....