Saturday, May 31, 2008

Dance Recital!!


This is one of my favorite days of the year! It's crazy between all the make-up application and touch ups, getting the girls' hair to actually go into buns, driving to and from the dress rehearsal and recital and trying to do it all without getting any holes in their tights! But I love it! I'm so proud of my girls!



We were so glad that Uncle Justin and cousins Ross and Grace just happened to be in town and were able to come to the recital to see the girls dance. (Justin actually came to help Ryan with a major construction project on our house!!! I'm so excited, but that is for another post...I'll wait until it is all done.)




I was the "Stage Mom," so I got a bunch of behind the scenes shots of the action. My job was to keep the girls occupied while they weren't on stage. Luckily the recital was really well put together and went quickly and smoothly. The girls spent most of their free time coloring.



Focus, Audrey!


I love this picture of their teacher, Miss Paige, giving them some last minute instructions right before they went on stage.



After the recital, we headed over to Texas Roadhouse for dinner to celebrate our little ballerinas' big night. We love how the girls won't eat the food we order for them, but don't have any problem licking the butter out of the container! Keep this up girls and you won't have your ballerina figures for long!!
p.s. We have the dance on video, but I just spent literally 30 minutes waiting for it to upload and now I need to go to bed. Maybe we will try again tomorrow and see if we can shrink it or something. It is adorable!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Those costumes are so cute. I am sure your girls loved them.

*Lindsey* said...

Those are the best To-To's ever! I want one :)

keri said...

They are adorable! How fun.

Kayla said...

we are positively GREEN with envy over here. Avery was stricken with envy when she saw those costumes, and makeup and hair oh my. Now she wants to take dance at meadowwood.... they look adorable. I hope you got the weekend all figured out wiht family and the loft. If you need help, call. I'd be happy to take the kids for you.

Kristy Graff said...

they are so adorable! i love girly things like this so much!

Jenni said...

Awesome! Took me right back to my own dance recital days (since I have no current dance recitals to attend). I remember sleeping so carefully, so that the makeup wouldn't come off and I could wear it to school the next day....ah, the memories.

The pictures are fabulous! Great color!