Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Phone Troubles

Since we moved here about seven months ago, we have periodically received phone calls for the person who used to have our phone number. It has never been a big deal until recently though. Apparently Ronald, the previous owner of our phone number, has stopped paying his bills, but is still giving out our phone number as his own to all his bill collectors. What does this mean? We have hostile bill collectors calling us. A few minutes ago I got a call from a collector who didn't believe me when I told her that she had the wrong number! She got quite feisty with me and made it clear that she thought I was lying to her. Unfortunately, the call got cut short before I got to give her a piece of my mind. We are probably going to have to change our phone number if things don't get resolved with dear old Ronald. In the meantime I am ready for the collectors. I dare them NOT to believe me--I have plenty of pent up rage inside and no one else to unleash it on!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I feel your pain.

I get at least 3 calls for Muhammed every day. Apparently, he runs a shipping/trucking business. I get calls about missed shipments, late payments and calls from the Better Business Bureau.

If I weren't so lazy, I'd probably change my number.

Kayla said...

so yeah, a month or so ago I had a prisoner calling me at all odd hours, calling me mommy, etc. Poor guy, just trying to use his 'one phone call'. Then he even called me collect! I seriously think his mom gave him a fake number. He even had his lawyer calling me, and calling from the cell mate phone. It started to get freaky. Finally ,I had to tell the poor guy that I wasn't his mommy and to stop calling.