Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Just call me Supermom!!
I think I might have mentioned in previous posts how much I hate things to be messy. Like it really starts to give me panic attacks when I feel like my house is out of control. Well, I pushed past my need for things to be clean today all so that my kids could have fun. I built them a tent. I brought down piles of clean blankets and sheets, took all the chairs out of the kitchen and dining room and created a wonderful little haven for them to play in. Yes, I actually helped create a mess, all in the name of fun--knowing full well, mind you that I would be the one cleaning it all up. Because no matter how much they promised me that they would clean it up, we all know that six year olds and four year olds cannot fold blankets and sheets the way they are supposed to be folded. But they had fun! Here they are...

Then, because they were playing in a tent, we decided that S'mores were in order. So I whipped up a batch using the oven broiler for a snack. Yes, I am Supermom.
I also got the kids a huge thing of bubbles which occupied them for literally hours today. It was really nice. Sometimes I forget that the simple things are some of the most enjoyable.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Do they really play that well together all the time? I'm sure they don't, but the pictures are sure deceiving!
Fight, play, fight, beat up, scream, play, pout, fight, punch, play...
That is the normal order of things. They aren't as willing to get their pictures taken when things aren't going as well.
I DO think you are supermom. SEroiusly, how you do all that, keep a clean house, stay fit, eat healthy, have cute kids, look fantastic...I could go on.
Post a Comment