Wednesday, May 14, 2008
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
Back in the days before kids I had all sorts of ideas about how my kids were going to be. You know--they were never going to have snotty noses and dirty faces. They were always going to wear adorable clothing that was name brand and clean. I would always do their hair--with accessories to match their outfits. They were always going to behave like angels. HA HA HA!!! This is what the girls decided to wear today...
Too bad I took the picture before they put their shoes and socks on! Audrey wore her Halloween orange socks with her ruby red slippers. Chloe could only find one ruby red slipper, so she wore that with a tennis shoe on the other foot. I decided that if the girls wanted to dress fancy then I needed to do their hair fancy too. Here is what we came up with...
They picked the clips and the bows. And yes, we went out in public like this. The looks we got when picking Isaac up from school were priceless. But you know, it was really quite liberating to just NOT CARE! Of course, I like it when they look perfect and everything matches everything else (especially shoes) but there is something to be said for unconventional parenting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
okay, seriously, when they came over yesterday and I told them they looked beautiful, you should have seen their faces light up. And, Avery was insanely jealous...maybe I should be a better mom and let her go out like that.... :)
Post a Comment