Audrey is unable to keep a secret or lie. It is really quite funny. She intends to keep things inside, but somehow they just slip out. Today as we were leaving her friend's house, she kept asking me for a snack and I said no. A few minutes later she walked up to me and said, "Mommy, I didn't get a snack at Avery's house." I was kind of distracted so I just murmured "Uh-huh." Then she said, "I didn't get a snack at Avery's house. I didn't hide it anywhere. I didn't." I checked her pockets and found the stolen contraband--Princess Fruit Snacks. It's hard not to laugh at times like this!
The scary thing is the other day she came in the house after playing in the muddy backyard and said, "Mommy, we didn't find a worm. We aren't going to hide it under your bed."
Maybe I should check under there tonight...
3 comments:
Take advantage of it while you can. Mom
too funny, i'm LOL. I didn't know that happened today! Remind me to tell you a funny story of me and keeping secrets....I'm sure my mom will tell you tomorrow :)
Kayla, I meant to have her apologize to you for stealing the fruit snacks, but things got crazy when we were leaving. Don't worry--I put them back! :)
Post a Comment