Thursday, September 11, 2008

Okay, so some of my stress may be self-inflicted...


They sell these bad boys at Disneyland for $3.00. Yes, you read that right. It's a Rice Krispie Treat for $3.00. That's one of the cheapest food items you can buy at the happiest place on earth. So, being me, I decided there is no way on earth I would ever shell out $9.00 to get my kids some Mickey Mouse shaped cereal. I want my kids to experience Disneyland to the fullest without having to pay full price. So this was my little project for tonight--I maybe spent $2.00 to do it all. And now, I am going to be late for my meeting. But I was so tickled with the finished product, I just had to share!

10 comments:

YouHaveHowMany? said...

I sooo know what you mean!! Have an INCREDIBLE time with short lines and incredibly happy kids that can go ALL DAY and never get tired or cranky!! :)

Heidi said...

I hear you on the price of Disneyland! Let me tell you, Southern California residents have it! They get year-long passes for CHEAP, and they live close enough to go all of the time, AND they can bring food from home! At least that's what we did! Our memories of Disneyland include the backpack full of PB&Js! Have a great time! It's the perfect time to go!--And don't worry about the Primary program. It will fall into place!

Genni said...

Cute treats Lindsay! Wish I would have thought of that. I won't mention how much I forked out on snack food last time. Sheesh! You save money if you put as much prep time as you do. Good for you. :)

Jenni said...

Seriously?! You MADE them?! Oh, girlfriend...you crack me up!

Lindsay said...

The creative can always be cheap! We may not get the Southern California resident discount, but we are bringing all of our own food. I have a huge suitcase and our sub-zero cooler filled to the brim.

Kristy Graff said...

you are too funny! i can't believe you actually made the disney rice crispy treats! that's so cute of you! have so much fun on your trip-i'm jealous!

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time! I love the treats!

Anna M said...

Have fun! Sorry life is so busy and we can't take off a couple of days to come see you! Enjoy and let me know what you loved.

Heidi said...

For next time, Lindsay, there's a store just north of Disneyland that is like a Disneyland outlet. They sell of the "outdated" Disneyland souvenoirs for cheap. If I remember the name I'll tell you! You can probably find it online, too.

Lucky Mommy said...

So many fun posts to catch up on. Have fun at Disneyland and take it easy when you get home. I love that you're going all out in minnie mouse fashion!