Saturday, September 6, 2008

Roughin' it


The plumber we hired to work in the basement has turned out to be somewhat unreliable (as in he still hasn't shown up and the work was supposed to be done on Wed.) So today Ryan decided to just do it himself. Which means we have spent the entire day without water. That explains my previous post and my attempts to keep us out of the house as much as possible. As evening came on, I kept hoping that he would be done before bath time but it is now 7:22 and still no water. The thought of putting my kids to bed dirty absolutely disgusts me, so we decided to do sponge baths. I set up a little station in the kitchen and each kid had their turn behind the privacy shield I constructed. I heated water from our food storage on the stove and soaped them down--it helped clean the kitchen floor at the same time (I love it when I am resourceful!) The kids loved it and loved saying, "I'm taking my Spongebob Bath!!"

1 comment:

Genni said...

What a day. I hate being without water. Looks like you were a real trooper.
I wish we were going to Disneyland...I'm a bit(or a lot) jealous. Even though we already went once this year it just wasn't enough.
Have fun....I know you will!