Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pumpkin Fun


Yesterday we had such a fun day!! We drove up to Loveland to a family farm that sells pumpkins at a annual fall festival. It was so quaint and cute! My friend, Kayla, told me about it--she has been going to this same little event every year since she was a child. We will be definitely be making it an annual family tradition as well!

The farm had a huge pumpkin field that we went traipsing through looking for the perfect gourds for our fall celebrations. Once we found what we wanted, we carried them back to our wheelbarrow and then on to the weigh station. It was a little tricky, since it was just me and the four kids (Ryan stayed at home to work on the basement.) I had to make a rule that the kids could only pick a pumpkin that they could carry, since I was carrying Lincoln, my purse and the camera. As luck would have it, all the best pumpkins were in the very back of the field, so we got quite a hike with those pumpkins.

Isaac pushed the wheelbarrow while I pushed the stroller.

Pickin' pumpkins
Seeing how much we got...(only $10 worth of pumpkins!!!! Not only was it fun--it was cheap!)
After picking pumpkins, we walked around the "festival." It was so cute!! It was all set up around two old red barns and there were all kinds of vendors--antiques galore (Heidi G.--Kayla and I kept thinking of you!! You have to go next year!) There were tons of cute crafts and fun things for the kids--hay rides, tractor pulls, petting zoo (Isaac kept trying to pick up the chickens! Yuck!) and yummy kettle corn. I bought some fragrant homemade potpourri that had our car smelling divine all day yesterday--and now our house as well. I love, love, love this time of the year!! We had so much fun!

Here is a shot of the barns and the weigh station.
Isaac and his favorite chicken (don't worry--plenty of hand sanitizer was available!)

Lincoln on a tractor with the kettle corn (no, he didn't get any, but he liked to play with the bag.)
Audrey and her friend Briar on the tractor-pulled train.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So jealous! That looks super fun. There is a pumpkin patch in Oregon that we've been to for the last few years. It is quite similar to the one you went to. They are a great time. I am starting my search for one around here. There is bound to be one.

Priscilla said...

Awe! That looks super fun! I just LOVE th picture on the top of your blog with all the kids in the pumpkin patch.

Stohl Family said...

It looks like so much fun! I wish we had been in town to tag along with you! I love that you changed your blog design for Halloween!

The Packers said...

don't you just love fall! halloween, the leaves changing, and of course the pumpkin picking. looks like your kids had a great time. is that the anderson farm you went to? i've heard so many fun things about that place.

Unknown said...

Ooh, it looks like it was a ton of fun! Maren would love it. We'll have to remember to go next year. I love the photo of the kiddos in your banner. :)