Monday, September 22, 2008

The Jedi Training Academy

This just deserved its own post. For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to experience the Jedi Training Academy--it is high on my list of absolute MUST-DO's at Disneyland. First of all, it is hysterical. They pick random kids from the audience and put them in Jedi robes and give them "training light sabers" and teach them how to fight. The Jedi Masters that "teach" it are so funny--all the adults are laughing the whole time. Well, all three of our kids got chosen this year (Isaac on Wed. and the girls on Thurs.) We were so excited!! (I think I may have mentioned that we like Star Wars around here.) When the trainer chose the girls he said that hopefully twins would restore balance to the force. None of the kids cracked a smile the entire time--it was pretty intense.



At the end of the training, Storm Troopers come running in and all of a sudden the floor pops up and here are Darth Vader and Darth Maul ready to fight! Each kid takes a turn fighting one of the bad guys. Can you imagine being four feet tall and seeing this guy coming at you?! I'm surprised that none of my kids took off running.

Isaac took on Darth Maul and did quite well.
The girls each took a turn with Darth Vader who said that the force must be strong in our family. They were throwing out twin jokes left and right ("You have a twin sister"...If you aren't familiar with Star Wars then it wouldn't make any sense to you.)

After all the fighting is over, the young Padowans successfully scare away the Dark Side and they are each presented with a special certificate. This was certainly a highlight of our trip!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

This would be a dream come true for my boys! That is so cool!

Jenni said...

Twins...oh, man...that is FUNNY! I'm glad to hear that it is fun for the adults, too. When I was there last year with no kids, as we passed by, I thought...oh, man...I'm totally going to get stuck doing that with my kids. But I'm glad to hear it was entertaining on your end! Now, I'll be able to look forward to it rather than dread it, if you know what I mean!