Friday, September 26, 2008

Lincoln for President


Today I had to take Lincoln to the doctor for what I thought was a broken arm. It turned out to be a "classic case of Nursemaid's Elbow", caused, I'm sure, by Chloe lovingly dragging him across the living room by one arm this morning. Anyway, as the doctor checked him out she was making small talk and asked me if he was named after anyone. I said, "Yes, he is named after Abraham Lincoln." She looked at him and asked, "So does that mean you are going to be the president someday?" He looked right at her, grinned, and shook his head no! It was hilarious! He has never done that before. I guess he shares my opinion of politicians!!

2 comments:

Genni said...

Sounds no fun. Emma had nurse maids elbow when she was little and they couldn't get it to "pop" back so they put her in a cast for a couple of weeks. ??? I didn't understand how that was going to help but when they took the cast off she was fine. Hope he's ok.

Erin said...

I've never heard of nurse maid's elbow but it sounds like no fun. Poor guy! Love the Halloween theme and music!