
The girls are really enjoying preschool. It is so cute to hear them talk about what they have learned. They are just finishing up a unit on Butterflies--but both of them have a hard time saying caterpillars and so they've been talking a lot about "callipitters." I'm starting to have a hard time remembering the way it's supposed to be said! And Audrey has difficulty saying her "L's" too--so it's "buttafwies." They painted little egg cartons to look like caterpillars and then put them into their paper bag chrysalis (I don't know how to make that word plural!) Every day we are checking them and any day now (next Thursday to be exact) they will turn into butterflies! (Their teacher secretly sent the butterflies home so we can make the switch.) The picture shows them holding some butterflies they painted today. At snack time, they drank nectar (apple juice) through straws with flowers on them--just like butterflies do! Their teacher is so creative!
Another thing I have loved, besides the sudden quiet in the house every Tuesday and Thursday, is listening to the girls sing. Last night, Audrey laid in bed singing to herself for about an hour. She sang "Five Little Ducks" all the way through and each time the little ducks came "waddawing back" I wanted to burst out laughing. It was so adorable. I wanted to try to sneak some video footage of her, but I knew if she even heard me coming she would stop. I will just have to remember it...which is why I am blogging it! :)
3 comments:
We start preschool tomorrow! You've gotten me excited about it all over again!
That rings so true! I have caught myself calling them callepitters on several occasions. It sounds like the girls are having fun.
i'm so glad they're having fun in preschool, isn't it wonderful? and think of kindergarten to come.....
Post a Comment