Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stairs!


On our way back home from California, we stopped off at my parents house in Park City for a few days. And in those few short days, Lincoln discovered how to climb the stairs. It has become his new passion in life. I still haven't bought a baby gate for the stairs here because I haven't needed to until we got home on Sunday night. Now, if Linky even catches a glimpse of those stairs he is off like a mad man, doing his army crawl faster than should be humanly possible to get to them before I catch him. I have taken to blockading the stairs with various items, but he still manages to get to them more often than not. Today one of the other kids had taken the blockade away and Lincoln took off. When I caught him on the bottom stair I said something like, "No, Lincoln, you can't go on the stairs." And he started laughing, like hysterically, and then proceeded to keep climbing on up, laughing at me all the while!!! It was so cute, I gave in and followed him up, snapping a few pictures along the way.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I have a couple of baby gates (different styles depending on your stairs) that you can borrow if you want. let me know. it's such a short time that you need one at the bottom, but can get tiresome constantly trying to keep the curious climber off those stairs! I remember once counting that I chased briar off the stairs 16 times in a 20 minute span....ugh.

Jenni said...

How cute! I love that he laughed at you...