I wonder if anyone has ever calculated the enormous amount of time that planning and organizing a family vacation for six takes. It's been like a full-time job. Seriously--the hours and hours and hours I have spent just getting ready for this trip...I think it is starting to take its toll. I haven't been sleeping at all, which is not like me. I'm going crazy!!! STRESS!!! It would be doable if I didn't have all four kids home with me this week. But I still have to take care of them too! Just today we left at 8:45 to take Lincoln to the Dr. for his nine month check-up, then we ended up getting everyone flu shots (that went over well, let me tell you...), then took the girls to preschool, rushed home and packed, packed, vacuum-packed our clothes into the suitcase, tried to clean the house, got all of the kids distractions prepared for the two day road trip, ran to pick up the girls, went to the post office (should have thought to stop my mail while I was there!), hit Sam's, got gas and came home. Now I am blogging when I should be doing one of the other seven million things on my to-do list, before I go to my presidency meeting tonight (the primary program that I am in charge of is right around the corner--that is not helping the stress factor.) AAAACCCCKKKK!!!!!! It doesn't help that Ryan has some huge thing going on at work and has been getting home late every night this week--AND that he is already working on some big project for his semester that started, what? two weeks ago? I really hate being a single parent.
This will be worth it. If we all live through the preparations, I'm sure it will be worth it.
6 comments:
Matt never quite gets how stressful it is to go somewhere. Seems like we have this conversation every time - whether it is near or far. I'm freaking out, and he's wondering what the big deal is. Mind you, he's only packing for one...
Jenni, you are lucky. Ryan has no fashion sense whatsoever, so if I want him to look presentable at all, I pack for all six of us. :)
Don't forget that you can do a mail hold on the usps.com website! It will probably take less time than it did to even post this entry!
I'm so with you on this subject! I also have to pack for six, and for the same reason as you. It is very stressful, and the fact that it's all on you if something is forgotten, doesn't help matters any. But you're right, I'm sure it will be worth it. I can't wait to see pictures and read your blog when you return! Good luck and have fun.
Have a fun trip. It will be worth it. I keep telling myself that right now too. It will be worth it, right?
Lindsay, you are a genius! I never thought about vacuum packing clothes!!! I LOVE it!
Post a Comment