Saturday, March 21, 2009

Good deals and good eats

This morning I left early to finish up my weekly shopping extravaganza and Ryan and the kids were making biscuits and gravy.


Look closely at that picture of Isaac. He has been sneezing a lot lately and then this morning--just look at him!!! His eyes look really puffy. I bought some children's allergy medicine at Target, but he still doesn't look much better. Guess we should make an appointment at the doctors!


Then, on to the real excitement! I have been attempting to get in on this whole coupon craze. It seems to me that if you blog at all you will know exactly what I am talking about. I have had a few exciting deals here and there, but it is very, very time consuming and I wasn't sure it was worth it. Until this morning...
Granola bars...$.80 a box
Applesauce...$.40 for a six pack
Soap...FREE!!
Pot Roast...$.28 each. Yes, you read that right. TWENTY EIGHT CENTS!!!!! I called Ryan from the car on the way home to tell him about it because I was so excited. There is a real exhilaration that goes along with getting such a dang good deal. (So, here is the breakdown--full price for all of this stuff would have been around $30 and I paid about $5!!! I'm not as good at this as some people, but I'm still pretty proud of myself!!!!)

Special thanks to my sister-in-law Angela and my friend Jessica who got me motivated to try this. And to Ryan's cousin Joy--who may not even know who I am--but I love to check out her blog and get her tips on couponing.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Dang, girl. Way to go!

Erin said...

I like to do coupons too but I can't go with kids and it takes soooo long! It is fun to save so much money though! You can be as fanatical as you want too...

rick and cheryl said...

How did you get the meat for 28cents? Where did you find the meat coupon? Good job!

Anonymous said...

The poor boy has had an allergic reaction to something...

Amy said...

OH NO! You are getting the bug too! But I do have to say that meat deal is a good one. I'm actually getting ready to head out to Target so I guess I'll be adding those to my list!

Mean Mommy said...

Whee! I got the granola bars this week too. If Target were closer, I'd be tempted to add it to my regular rotation. I don't know how you manage 7 stores. I have a hard time keeping up with 4 or 5.

Lindsay said...

Well Shannon, luckily I don't live in the middle of nowhere anymore. :) It makes everything SO MUCH EASIER!!!! I hit one store while the girls are at dance, one on the way home from preschool etc., etc.