

Last week Isaac started soccer practice. If you are a regular reader, you may remember that he played baseball last year (and actually the year before too). Although he seemed to have fun, he really didn't seem to have an ounce of natural talent in him whatsoever. I thought we would try soccer this year and see if it was an overall sports thing, or just baseball. Well, the first time I saw him at practice I thought, "Who is that kid and what have they done with Isaac?!" He has never played soccer before in his life and he is AWESOME!!! He seems to really just have a natural ability--he is aggressive, he has good aim, he gets the ball where it needs to go. I am shocked and thrilled!! At first I was balking at the six hours a week of practice time, but now I'm all for it! He loves it and I love watching him do something he is good at. (Mind you I have never played soccer either, so it is entirely possible that he isn't quite as good as I think he is...) Here are some shots of him at practice last night. His team is the Scorpions and we signed him up to be on the same team with two of his friends so they are all having a great time together.

3 comments:
Looks like he had fun despite the freezing cold weather last night!
Yeah, Garrett has zero sports talent yet we still put him in sports because he asks. We'll hold out for that academic scholarship in lu of the sports one! :)
Yay for Isaac. How fun! Dylanie really loved soccer last summer. It seems like a fun sport to get into.
Fun, fun, even when it is cold! (Is the grass frosty or is it my imagination?)
Post a Comment