Last Saturday I took the kids to "The Wildlife Experience." It is a museum sort of place that is not too far away. I had seen on their website that on the 7th of every month they majorly discounted their prices, and since last Saturday was the seventh, we decided to give it a try. (Note to all locals: Do not set foot in that place if you have to pay full price! It really wouldn't be worth the $40 it would have cost to take my family there. $10 was just about right!)
Anyway--it was pretty small, but the kids did love it. Almost every exhibit was 100% hands on--perfect for my kids! We got to see the Animal Grossology exhibit--thrilling tidbits about animal poop, pee, spit, blood and gore. We also spent a long time in this cute little wilderness exhibit where the kids got to dress up as chipmunks and play with giant acorns. It was a really fun (and as always--stressful) way to spend the afternoon.
Here are the older kids coming out of the snake slide at Animal Grossology.


The girls were entertained by the live snake demonstration. They each took a turn petting it. Isaac was too busy playing with another exhibit. Chloe had this to say about the experience in her journal: "I touched a snake at the museum. The snake was small and it was nice. I forgot the name. I wanted to feel the skin but at first I did not. It feeled wet. I put on hand sanitizer after I was done. Snakes are dirty. I was sad because I don't like touching snakes. I want a pet dog."
Here is what Audrey had to say: "Yesterday we went to the Wildlife Experience and found some kid places and drank a lot of drinks. It made me feel happy--at the drinks. I like touching the snake too. When can I go to that museum again? I love that museum...I wanted to keep the snake."


Lincoln loved this little eagle's nest exhibit. He spent a long time pretending to be a baby eagle.

Then he really got into the chipmunk thing. He cried when it was time to go and I took his chipmunk costume off.

Check out those fun acorns!!
3 comments:
What fun! Lincoln looks so cute in the chipmunk costume. I like the Geo-caching thing, too, as a fun family activity, though I don't know much about it. Anything you can find to spend time together, where the kids are (trying) to get along! My two boys did like reading the Boxcar Children series of books, too.
Linki and his little chipmunk tail make me giggle. :)
Was it really crowded that day because of the special deal? Maybe it won't be as bad next month since the 7th is on a week day. We didn't end up going--we all went home and napped for several hours, which was fine by me!
I love fun activities like that. You can't pass up a good deal! Hands on is definitely the way to go. Sounds like the kids enjoyed themselves.
Post a Comment