Yesterday we went with our friends to the Butterfly Pavilion. Our purpose was two-fold: we obviously just wanted to have a fun little off-track adventure together, but I am also working on this modeling project with the girls and we needed a good indoor place to take some pictures since it is freezing outside as of late. (I will do a separate post on the modeling soon.) Anyway, despite the fact that it was really far away, the Butterfly Pavilion was a lot of fun! In the tropical discovery room it was warm and balmy and there were literally thousands of butterflies filling the air--swooping down right next to us. It made the girls a little nervous, but it was really neat to see. Unfortunately, I didn't get many butterfly pictures because I was too busy trying to take the girls modeling shots. Anyway, they changed clothes and we went on to the other exhibits. They all loved playing in the giant beehive and touching sting rays and jelly fish. THEN we got to meet Rosie, the tarantula. Isaac was the brave one first and let her crawl up his arm. Then Audrey decided to give it a try as long as she could sit on my lap. Chloe was very apprehensive about the whole thing, but she really wanted the "I held Rosie" sticker they were handing out. Every time she would get close, she would chicken out. So my dear friend Amy suggested that
I hold Rosie to show Chloe that it wasn't a big deal. Thanks a million, Amy! I'll have to return the favor someday. Chloe still wouldn't even after I did, but I gave her my sticker and we were good. After all the Rosie excitement I looked over at Lincoln who had been sitting in the stroller observing everything. He had pulled his sleeve up and was holding out his hand expectantly, waiting for his turn. Sorry bud, maybe next time!!
Here they are: Audrey (mad that I wouldn't let her hold Lincoln), Isaac, Lincoln, Garrett, Katie, Chloe and Parker


Touching the sting rays.

Isaac and Rosie

Audrey and Rosie

My turn! We had one of those living in our backyard in Arizona. Just think, I could have had this awesome experience years ago, right in my own backyard.
2 comments:
It wasn't that bad now was it? :)
Thanks for telling us about it. We had a good time. But it was stinking far away!
Lindsay, I don't know how you did it. There is absolutely no way on earth that I could have sat there and held Kiersten on my lap and held a spider, especially not a tarantula that big.
Post a Comment