Friday, March 20, 2009

Park and Free Breakfast!

We started out today meeting some friends at Chick Fil' A. I don't know if this is a local thing but apparently every Friday in March they are giving out free breakfast!!! No purchase necessary! You just walk in and say, "I'll take the free breakfast for five, please" and they hand it over. Today we had sausage biscuits (Lincoln ate his and most of the girls'!) I'll let you know what's on the menu for next week! From there we caravaned over to the best park I have ever been to. We were all in awe as we came up to it. The kids just scattered and ran from thing to thing. I have never seen anything like it. There was just so much to do--a tree house, a stage, a climbing wall, tons of jungle gyms and slides and swings. We could have stayed all day long, but Lincoln does have this pesky little thing called naptime to contend with, so we dragged ourselves away after our picnic lunch.

Here is Lincoln having fun on the rocking whale.
Chloe at the bottom of the slide.

Chloe at the top of the slide. This slide was seriously so much fun. I kept going down it with Lincoln. It was like a ride at Disneyland or something. He would laugh hysterically every time we went down, then we would hike back up to the top and do it again. Cousins--be forewarned--this is definitely a future destination for our cousins camp!!!!
Some of the kids up on the stage.
Isaac and Jacob climbed to the top of this sculpture thing. The girls were very disappointed that I wouldn't help them up there too. I thought it was a bit too high.Here is another shot.
Isaac, Ryan, Audrey, Jacob and Garrett. (The super fun slide is behind them.)

We got home, put Lincoln to bed and then I moved out the dining room furniture for another cheap and easy track off activity--drawing a mural. That didn't last as long as I would have liked, but the kids still had fun. (Two weeks down, one to go...)

Oh, I did want to clarify for those of you that don't read regularly, but actually make it to the end of this post...

The skin cancer I have is basal cell carcinoma--which is NOT the super-scary dangerous kind that metathesizes. I will be fine. No need to worry. I am stressed, yes, but not in any danger!

4 comments:

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

I love this park. It's our favorite!

Unknown said...

That is a really cool park. We went last summer but it was SOOOO hot that the kids couldn't even sit on anything, and there was a soccer camp running so there were a zillion kids everywhere. This is definitely a better time of the year to go! (I hear that there is a water feature there in the summer also, but it was turned off when we were there.)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. I could really use a good park about now. I'm so tired of these lame excuses for parks.

Gary and Amy said...

That park looks like tons of fun! I also love your mural idea. I'll have to store that one for some future day.