Friday, March 27, 2009

America's Next Top Models--twin edition


Let me start at the beginning...

A few months ago I found an old friend of mine on Facebook. Since my family moved away from my hometown when I graduated from High School, there aren't a lot of people that I have really kept in touch with. April, my friend that I found, was actually the older sister of one of my best friends, and sadly, I hadn't seen or spoken to either of them in about 16 years. (When did I get that old?!) Anyway, it has been fun to catch up with April on FB and see what she has been up to. She was someone I always admired when I was younger--I was insanely jealous of my friend Emily that she had this cool older sister to teach her things. I loved spending time with them (they had four sisters right in a row.) In a lot of ways, April was like an older sister to me. And I was possibly occasionally like an ANNOYING pseudo-younger sister to her.

One thing that April was always good at was sewing and creating. She would make herself a new outfit for every stake dance, every single month. And, as far as I know, she never used a pattern--she just made them up. Well, in reconnecting with April, I discovered that she has been making boutique-quality, handmade little girls' clothes for years now and selling them locally. She has recently opened an e-bay store and started a blog as well to sell her stuff online. Her clothes are soooooo cute and I wanted them for my girls. I flippantly made a comment to her that if she ever needed models I could provide two. Well, strangely enough, she was looking for someone to model her clothes because her own daughters are too old now. So, that is how my girls became models for these adorable clothes!!

Let me tell you, modeling is not all glitz and glamour, especially not when dealing with two five year olds (and a seven year old that is off track and a sick one year old in tow.) The girls and I have learned a lot, but it has been so much fun.

SO--click on the link on my side bar 3lpcouture to take a look at her blog or do an e-bay search under stores for 3lpcouture, or I'll make it REALLY easy...click here! Her stuff is so cute and fun and believe me, you will get many a comment if your kids are wearing it (I know I did!!) I just really admire someone that knows what they are passionate about even from a young age and sticks with it and makes it successful. What was I passionate about in High School? Singing. And what have I done with that? Um, nada. Anyway--kudos to my friend April and thanks for letting us be a part of this!! The girls loved it!!!!

Help me spread the word!! Feel free to post a link on your own blog...

3 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

I love it and I love the poses! They are so stinkin' cute! I think we're looking at America's NEXT top models!

Anonymous said...

Checking it out right now. Need some. Want some. Did you make the bows? They are so cute. How fun for you and the girls.

robyncreates said...

Saw some of your pics on April's site! Love them. Your girls look too cute!