Thursday, April 24, 2008

This one is fun...

Today we made sidewalk paint and the kids loved it!!! Here is the recipe for those of you who want to try it out...
Mix equal parts cornstarch and cold water. (The original recipe called for 1/4 cup of each per color, but I don't think that is enough! We went through that batch fast and went back inside and made it with 1/2 cup per color and that was better.) Mix it together in a small container, then add food coloring (use more for better color). Give your kids a paintbrush and let them go crazy! It goes on really light, but dries to the color you made it. Here are some pictures...



And here is the result of letting the kids make the second batch all by themselves...I guess it could have been worse!

After we painted the town, we came inside and made sugar cookies for a snack. I got them out of the oven and while they were cooling I got on the computer to get some important things done. A few minutes later I notice that the kids are downing the cookies and I hear Chloe say, "She said, 'Take as many as you want!'" I was like, "WHAT?! I did not say that!" They all swear up and down that I did. I have absolutely no recollection of that conversation. Apparently my kids have learned the art of asking for something they want while Mommy is occupied and distracted by something else! That never worked on my Mom!

2 comments:

Stohl Family said...

I am glad you are having so much fun. This track off time sounds a lot better than last time! Hopefully things will keep going well! I am glad you are posting all of your ideas so that I will know what to do when my guys track off. Thanks!

Kristy Graff said...

hey lindsay! i'm starting to figure this whole blog thing out. i'll let you know when i have it done! your's is super cute and thanks for the link!