Monday, April 21, 2008

Chloe's "Mad Lib"

Chloe gave a talk in primary yesterday. Her assigned topic was how to love and forgive others. We worked on it at home together on Saturday. I asked her how we can show people that we love them. She said hug them and kiss them. I left the kissing part out of the talk and added a few other things (serve them, be nice to them, etc.) as I wrote the talk. After I wrote the whole thing down, she took the pen and scribbled a bit on the bottom of it. So yesterday, I get up to help her do her talk and I start whispering what I had written down in her ear. When we got to the part about ways to show love, I read what I had written and she just added in that you kiss people to show them you love them. Okay. Then we get to the end and I prompt her (In the name...) and she points to the scribbles and says, "I have to do my part now!" So, that makes me a little nervous--knowing this child, anything could come out of her mouth! I tried again to get her to finish, but she insists on doing "her part." She finished her talk by saying that now that she is a big sister, she has to be nice. Okay, so it wasn't that bad! Who would have thought that she would ad lib up in front of the crowd! Scary--more for me than for her!

No comments: