Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lindsay's Brilliant Parenting Tip

Take note...these will be few and far between. I actually downloaded the application to be on Supernanny the other day if that gives you any idea of my confidence level in my own parenting skills. However, I did come up with this idea that seems to be a hit at my house. Let your kids make their own lunch! It keeps them occupied for at least 20 minutes, they seem to be a lot more likely to eat their own concoctions (no matter how strange they may seem to you) and it is just one less thing you have to get done in your day.

Audrey made a peanut butter, jelly, turkey, cheese and fruit snack sandwich the other day. Not my idea of a tasty lunch, but she ate it!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I let Avery do that once...should do it again. And just so you know, I actually watched Supernanny last night and the entire time thought to myself about you and how you are SUCH a better mom than that lady!

Jenni said...

THAT's why you watch Supernanny....hey...at least I'm not as bad as that parent!

You crack me up. Might I just say that you get extra parental brownie points for putting up with the mess. I don't know if I could handle the clean-up job that is sure to come after letting my kids (yes, Brandon is as bad as Luke) near a jar of peanut butter.

Oh, and we're coming to your neck of the woods in a few weeks. I'll send you an e-mail. I'd love to see you!