Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Reality

You may have noticed my conspicuous lack of posts lately. I started getting an upper respiratory infection last Wednesday and have just been getting worse and worse and worse to the point that even sitting in front of the computer for long periods of time seems more than I can handle. What I really need is to just stay in bed for a few days and have someone take care of me. Oh, but wait, I'm a mom! Rest and recovery are just not in the job description. To make matters worse, Ryan is in the last few weeks of his semester, so every minute of his spare time is taken up with his final project. The house is literally falling apart around me and there is nothing I can do!! I'm self-diagnosing that the infection, which has worked it's way to my lungs, has morphed into pneumonia. I've been trying today to get in to see a doctor ASAP, but then again I have four kids to farm out to people in the meantime! (Thank you so much to those of you who have offered to help out! I will let you know when I get an appt!)

Anyway, that is where I have been.

Isaac did start his off-track program this week. I have been dragging myself there and back every morning to give him something to do. He really likes it a lot--they have played street hockey and dodge ball, they had some Tae Kwan Do lessons and did an art project and ran laps around a track. Tomorrow he gets to go swimming in the fancy pool they have there.

This morning while we were driving to pick Isaac up, Chloe got mad at me because I wouldn't pull the car over to let her pick up a toy she had dropped. She was obviously wracking her brain, trying to come up with something to say to me that would really make me mad. Finally she yelled, "Mommy, you're a toilet!!" I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

We are leaving in a little while to take Lincoln for his weigh-in. The doctor wanted to make sure that the switch to formula has been helpful in getting his weight where it should be. He sure feels heavier! I'll keep you posted!

Okay, so this has been a random post, but my life is sort of that way right now...

3 comments:

Tricia said...

sorry your under the weather! I hope you feel better soon!

And for what its worth I don't think you are a toilet! HA (THAT WAS TOO CUTE!)

Jenni said...

Aaack! I really hope you're feeling better soon. I'll miss you bitterly if you're not up and perky for Casa Bonita!

Lindsay said...

Jenni,
I won't miss Casa Bonita for anything!!