Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day Three, you asked for it!

We had a busy day--I just downloaded like 30 pictures.

The Highs
  • First thing this morning we made Jello Fruit. It was messy, but I think the kids enjoyed it. Of course, our fruit didn't turn out as well as the magazine pictures, but they were still edible.


  • We went to the park after Lincoln's morning nap and he got to experience the swings for the first time. It was a gorgeous day outside--I even got sunburnt in the hour we were out there.
  • In the afternoon we ran some errands and I was able to go into and out of Sam's without purchasing a pretzel from the snack bar. These are my new obsession. Last week I made three trips to Sam's just for the pretzels. I've decided it's the perfect lunch spot--a pretzel and a Diet Coke and I'm good to go. Just thinking about those pretzels makes me think we might just have to go back to Sam's tomorrow.
  • I got to hear "Tainted Love" twice on the radio today! That is always a high.
  • We had Chinese Chicken Salad for dinner and ate with chopsticks--or at least tried to! The kids were pretty good at it, but I switched to a fork early on. We even had fortune cookies to finish off the meal. It was good to find out that Chloe's next interview will result in a job and Audrey will live a long life and eat lots of fortune cookies.



The Not-so-Highs
  • Unfortunately, as I was trying to take some cute pictures of the kids at the park, this random little girl kept getting into the picture. She seemed to think it was really fun for a stranger to take her picture, and I didn't want to be mean and tell her to get out, so I just tried to take a picture of my kids around her. Honestly, I don't have a ton of patience for my own kids, much less ones that aren't even related to me. You would think kids could pick up on that, but they don't. It seems like every time I took my kids to the pool last summer, I had all these other little kids saying, "Watch me! Watch me!" Hello, I can't even watch the three that I gave birth to! Find your own parent! Anyway, I digress...Here is a picture of Isaac, the girls, and half of the random girl.


  • I accidentally shut Isaac's head in the car window. Why he stuck his head out of the window right after I said, "I'm shutting the windows!" I will never know.
  • As we were walking through Sam's, I glanced over and noticed that Isaac was wearing Ryan's socks. They were almost thigh-high. How did I not notice this before we left the house?! I should have taken a picture, but honestly, it is just really too embarrassing.
So that is our crazy day...stay tuned, there is more excitement to come!!

4 comments:

Kayla said...

every time i read a post of yours i find myself laughing out loud. i slammed avery's finger in the window once when I told her I was shutting it, and she stuck her finger in anyways. you make me feel totally guilty when I see your cute FF ideas. I used to get that mag, and would try to do their ideas (they always look great) but never seemed to have the items/ingredients on hand. do you just have the stuff or do you just plan ahead?

Unknown said...

Kayla,
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I have every hour of every day planned out for the entire three weeks Isaac is off track. I think those Family Fun ideas are definitely geared towards older kids, though. Give it a few years...

Jenni said...

Oh, man...that was just the little dose of "crack-up" I needed before bed. Many thanks for the Day 3 post.

I'm busting a gut over the "get your own parent" line. Slightly akin to the "Get Your Own Box" marketing scheme of Cheezits....

Lindsay said...

Kayla,
Oops--it looks like I was signed in as Ryan when I posted that last comment! It's me, Lindsay. Ryan is really not much of a planner...