Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Any Advice??

Isaac is tracking off on Monday. The last time he was off track was really horrible--partly because Chloe was in the hospital, but also because of my complete and total lack of planning, which is really out of character for me. In my defense, Lincoln was only two months old and I still wasn't back to normal. But this time he will be five months old (almost) and we need some ideas!!! (Isn't he cute? This picture has nothing to do with this post, I just wanted to put it in here...)I've had the girls scouring copies of Family Fun Magazine this morning looking for ideas of things we can do to make the next three plus weeks go by smoothly. Does anyone have any suggestions of crafts, projects, day trips?? All that I can do by myself with a six year old, two four year olds and a baby in tow? I did sign Isaac up for an "Off-Track" program at the rec center for the first two weeks. He will spend two hours a day doing fun things like swimming, wall-climbing, karate and gymnastics. But I still need ideas...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Let's all work together to preserve my sanity!!

7 comments:

Kayla said...

let's go to the zoo on the next gorgeous day! I was actually thinking of going yesterday and was going to see if you wanted to go. But, too many things came up. It is a lot of fun, and the best thing about it is that the kids and run and walk and wear themselves out!

meadowwood also has open gym....$4 per kid though (not Lincoln)/one hour, but that too would burn some energy.

Lindsay said...

I forgot about that open gym! I will have to look into that next time I'm over there. Thanks!

Jenni said...

If you come up with any great ideas, let me know.

We usually spend our time like this: Luke and Brandon fight. I scream at them, and then self-medicate with caffeinated soda and Twinkies.

We're coming to see you on our next off-track! Should be much better!

Lindsay said...

Oooh, Twinkies. I like that!

Anna M said...

We love to go to a good park armed with a bag of goodies:buckets and shovels, waterballoons--let the kids try and fill them, nature scavenger check list, and lots of snacks. I especially love parks with defined boundaries or a gate so no one can get out. Good luck! There is nothing wrong with repeating something if you found it worked.

Anna M said...

What I really like to do is do a kid swap with a mom with another boy the same age. Having a friend for a day means you have to do less of the entertaining, sometimes a little more supervision though. It is so nice when it is your day off after watching two big boys. Good luck!

By the way, I really liked Tracy Chevalier, but was really disappointed by The Lady and the Unicorn. It was so bad I never finished it.

*Lindsey* said...

When I worked at the YMCA I used www.123child.com for some of my arts and crafts ideas. Making oowy-goowy slime was always fun.

In Phoenix there is this place called Pump It Up. The website is www.pumpitupparty.com. You can look at see if they have any locations in Colorado. Its a huge inflatable play place for kids. And you can never go wrong with Chucky Cheese or Peter Piper