Monday, November 3, 2008

Thanks! (And keep it coming!)

I love all the travel thoughts you guys have given so far! I should have mentioned though, that there is no way I will ever go on a cruise. I have extreme problems with motion sickness, and although many people have told me that the ship is so big and you won't get sick, I have also known many people that have had the opposite experience. Being nauseated for a week straight and not being able to do anything about it doesn't sound like my idea of a vacation...it sounds like pregnancy (which is another thing I will never do again.)

Keep the ideas coming! I will definitely let you know what we decide!! I've been looking into all your suggestions...there are so many possibilities!!

5 comments:

Kris said...

The best vacation Jim & I went on was an Alaskian Cruise. I'm with you extremely motion sick. I got patches from my doctor, put 1/2 a patch on 4 hrs. before loading on Sunday and the other 1/2 on Thursday. I had NO problems.We went on Princess Cruise lines check it out if you go your room needs to have a balcony though. We are thinking of going again and doing different shore excurions.

Priscilla said...

I thought of another idea that I haven't seen mentioned yet - Las Vegas! I've been there a couple of times, and there are TONS of things to see and do, (that don't involve drinking,girly shows or gambling :)), and affordable prices. So many great restaurant options, the Mirage Hotel has an aquarium that is unbelievable, you can even swim with the dolphins. Many of the hotels and travel websites offer package deals that include your hotel stay, meals and shows. Plus, lots of shopping, and there are other sights to see - Hoover Dam, The Valley of Fire (where Return of the Jedi was filmed), you can fly over in a helicopter. Look into it if it sounds fun. It's kind of romantic at night, too, because of all the lights and activities...this is one of our possible locations.

Heather said...

You won another Fabulous Fun Find (J'Ollie Primitives! I sent you an email, but I need you to send me your address and which 24"barn star you would like. You have 48 hrs left to confirm!

Mean Mommy said...

Yeah, if you're motion sensitive, it's not a good idea. And not only would it be a week of illness...but another week or two afterward trying to get land legs back.

I'm excited to hear what you decide on!

Amy said...

Well, fine then, scratch my idea.
I still say go somewhere tropical. There are all of those all inclusive hotels and such (I'm thinking of Atlantis) in the Carribean. Then you won't get the motion sickness from the cruise but still get everything lumped into one price. (I guess I've been married to an accountant for too long!)
My second vote would be NYC.