Last night some friends and I had a girls night out and went to dinner and the premier of Twilight. It was an interesting experience. It was me, my friends, and 500 screaming teenage girls. I have never seen anything like it. When we got to the theater an hour before the movie started, the line was already snaking through the entire lobby. When they opened it up to let us in, people started bolting. I got annoyed at all the little teeny boppers trying to cut in line and started blocking them. Don't mess with me. Anyway, I would like to go see the movie again so I can actually
hear it. Every time Edward came onscreen everyone started screaming. Every time he said anything, they screamed. They screamed for Jacob, they screamed for Carlisle, I think they even screamed for Bella. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them fainted. The girls behind us were so annoying I almost turned around and said something. They acted so shocked by everything that happened. If you haven't even read the book, you have no business being at the premier. So--it was definietly an experience like none other! I have to say--I loved the books and I liked the movie quite a bit (at least the parts of it I could hear!) So, even though screaming teenage girls annoy the heck out of me, I am obviously a 15 year old trapped inside a 32 year old body. Here are some of us after picking up our tickets (bought a week ago on Fandango--it was completely sold out.)

In the theater with all the psycho teenagers--me, Jackie, Keeley, Shauna, Lori, Rebecca and Heidi. (We weren't the only adults there, by the way. It just really seemed like it.) Oh, and I promised my friends I would dress up--so I had on a "Vote for Edward" shirt. Hee, hee.
4 comments:
Awesome!
I went to the midnight show with Lisa Simons and some other moms in her new ward.
We were a little paranoid, so we showed up 3 hours before the show, but darn if we didn't get great seats! We were all really worried that the many teenage girls would make it too loud to hear, but we must have gotten lucky. Maybe they saw the murderous looks on our faces when they started screaming at the title screen. We were ready to throw things if necessary. ;)
So, I really enjoyed the movie. Although I didn't enjoy the drive back down to Sahuarita at 3 a.m. on a windy freeway under construction...
Yay Twilight! And sequels!
Dan and I went to Twilight on Friday as well. We also got there an hour early and were waiting in a long twisty line with lots of giggly teenage girls that thought cutting in line was no big deal. I may have to see it again as well.
I really really want to go see Twilight again so I think we definetly should go during Thanksgiving. I just cant stop thinking about it so I need to see it again! Lets go.
I went around 2 on Friday. There were ten people in the theatre! I was soooo happy! We missed you today. How did Dr appointments go?
Post a Comment