Sunday, November 30, 2008

More to come

These past two weeks have been difficult to put it mildly. Lincoln, the girls, and I all started off last week with nasty chest colds. The girls were so sick they were falling asleep at 3 in the afternoon and sleeping through the night. That lasted a whole week (it happened to be the same week as the boutique too, which was not convenient!) Last Sunday came and I was excited to have a healthy, happy, relaxing Thanksgiving week. Well, that night Isaac started throwing up. So Monday Isaac and Ryan had the stomach flu, Lincoln got it Tuesday, Audrey woke up with it in the middle of the night Tuesday night and I was about to give up on Thanksgiving altogether. We were all healthy all day Wednesday so we decided to risk Thanksgiving with our extended family, as we had originally planned. Bad idea. Chloe woke up sick on Friday and we heard that some of the cousins had gotten it on Saturday. (SOOOO SORRY Shelly!!) Well, even though I am not even over my chest cold yet, I came down with it suddenly yesterday afternoon. I had to work last night and couldn't find anyone to cover for me on such short notice so I had to go in--it was awful. I was covering my mouth the whole time to try to keep myself from vomiting all over someone. They sent me home after an hour, thank goodness, and I have spent the last 24 hours in misery. I think the worst is past. I am so tired of sickness!!!! Anyway--I have a lot to catch up on in the blogging world--Thanksgiving, my second Twilight experience (LOVED IT!!), my near-death experience on the way home from Twilight (me+driving in the snow=danger) and of course Lincoln's first birthday yesterday!!! I will catch up eventually. Now I will go lay back down and drink some more Sprite. (And people wonder why I hate that stuff so much!!)

3 comments:

Genni said...

Sorry to hear that it has been such a miserable week. I am right there with you on HATING the sicknesses that take over your life and really just suck! Get better and hang in there. Lets pray that it ends soon!

Priscilla said...

Yuck! That's the worst. I hate that feeling of knowing that once one person in the family has something, everyone else is in for it, too! I hope you all recover quickly and that Christmas brings better health than Thanksgiving did! Get better :)

Kari said...

Sorry you've all been so sick. Feel better soon!