
Today we had so much fun! We traveled down to Colorado Springs to watch our Alma Mater, BYU, beat the Air Force! And of course, they didn't disappoint. I will have to admit that the Air Force puts on a dang good show--we got to see parachuters that spewed pink smoke and some jets did a fly-over that was sooo close to us (and quite loud!) We met a bunch of our friends there and took up most of a row. It did get quite chilly at the end, but we had put on so many layers of clothing that we survived just fine. Lincoln was so bundled he wasn't even able to bring his hands together to clap! And we certainly did a lot of clapping and cheering and singing the fight song. It was a good game--the girls were done about five minutes into it, but we hung on until it was over. I loved it! At one point I got so excited about a play that I jumped up screaming, not realizing that Audrey was attempting to sit on my lap right then. She ended up on the ground in front of me, somewhat bewildered, but no worse for the wear. Here is our own personal tailgate party...

We found our seats...




This is when the kids stood behind us and shouted "Go Cougars!" repeatedly for about 10 minutes straight. Fun times!
6 comments:
These kids were good cheerleaders once they had some room to spread their wings. When this picture was taken, the point spread had become large enough that the crowd started to thin out. The kids started chanting BYU over and over and got our whole section going. Right after that the Cougs made a great play!
I don't know about all of that Blue. Personally, I think your kids look much better in Red ;)
Brandon
You all look darling! I am glad they enjoyed it.
Looks like so much fun. We settled for watching it on TV :)
Fun outing! Did the cadets do pushups for every touch down? I have slightly split loyalties since my brother went there. I always cheer for both sides.
ahhh...so glad we didn't go :) we went to Loveland instead and had a great day. glad you guys had fun though. are you insanely stressed this week with all that you've got going on?
Post a Comment