Thursday, July 3, 2008

Scenes from the day

Isaac spent most of the day waiting impatiently for Ryan to come home from work so the real celebrating could begin. Ryan did come home early and we promptly opened presents. Isaac was so excited to get Zoo Tycoon (a computer game) and a book from Grammie and Grandpa, Fablehaven (another book) from Lincoln, some cool Spy Gear from Audrey and Chloe and a Razor scooter from Mom and Dad.

Here he is opening presents.

Audrey tries out the new scooter.
Daddy and Chloe share a happy moment.

When Lincoln woke up from his nap, we headed over to Southlands to play in the fountain again, which was fun especially for Ryan who had never seen the kids there before.

This time Lincoln and I got in on the action.

I LOVE that my kids get tan--they look so cute in the summertime.
I looked over and caught the girls shaking their groove thang over by the speakers. Yeah, baby!

Then Isaac got to pick the restaurant of his choice for dinner. We came home and had a banana split pie for dessert. We are saving the cake for the party--I don't really even like cake and it seems like we always end up throwing it away.

Eating Subway al fresco.

I never seem to have enough birthday candles on hand!! I will have to put that on the list for Monday...
I would say it was a pretty fun birthday! The best is yet to come--we made special arrangements with the city to do a fireworks display for him tomorrow night! :)

1 comment:

Cardon Family said...

we have a fountain like that right by us too and the boys love it! it is just such a convienient thing to do to get out of the house for a good time! I can't believe how big Isaac is!? Crazy!!