The girls decided to have a friend over to play today. Great idea! Luckily the little girl they invited over was an absolute angel the entire time. I wish I could say the same for my girls. They have spent the entire day taking turns being in time out. It all started when we picked up Emily. We got her, Lincoln and Chloe all buckled in the car, but Audrey decided she didn't want to get buckled in and threw a fit for literally over 20 minutes. She screamed at the top of her lungs, arched her back, making it impossible for me to buckle her in, slapped me in the face (that went over well, let me tell you) and fought tooth and nail. At one point I got her buckled, got into my seat and started the car. She unbuckled herself and opened the car door. AAACCKKK! I moved her into the back seat so she wouldn't be next to a door and buckled her in again. As soon as I got the car going, she had unbuckled herself again. I was dripping with sweat from fighting with her for so long so I gave up and she went all the way home unbuckled--and straight to her room for an hour.
Then it was Chloe's turn. She decided at lunch time that she didn't want what I had made, she wanted me to make her waffles. When I refused, she threw her own fit, knocking over chairs at the kitchen table, throwing toys and books and punching me. When that didn't get the reaction she was hoping for, she peed on the floor. She is still in time out for that one. And I am eating chocolate chip cookies for lunch.
And people wonder why I am always saying that I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
I just hope Emily wants to come back and play another time. I certainly wouldn't blame her if she stayed away for a long time.
5 comments:
Oh man, can I relate. Bryan is my time-out boy, and Kate is my fit-thrower. Ain't it a blast, this whole motherhood thing?
how some women make it look so easy is beyond me. And, I'm ALWAYS up for cookies for lunch, no matter how my day went.
Duct tape and a staple gun, my friend.
Can I just say... I thought I had a Hades day... this post made me feel a tad bit better about my day ;-)
I had 2 cinnamon rolls for lunch.
Wow, you had quite a day too...take a look at my day from wednesday...not quite the same level of craziness though...of course my blog entry was only half the day. sheesh. I guess it just wasn't our best day. :)
Post a Comment