Monday, July 21, 2008

Basement progress

Ryan has been working so hard on the basement. He literally spends all of his free time down there--every weekend and every evening he is hard at work. Isaac has taken to sleeping in our bed until Ryan comes to bed and moves him because the nail gun and saw are just too loud (his bedroom is right next to the basement door.) I haven't really thought to take pictures mainly because it is so hard to get an accurate view of what it really looks like, but Kayla convinced me that I need to get it all documented. I guess if nothing else, I need to show how hard my husband has been working! He has literally done almost all of it completely on his own. His brother came up for part of a Saturday a few weeks ago, and a good friend helped him for 14 hours one weekend, but other than that--this is all Ryan's handiwork!! We are so grateful for the help we have received and for the people that are still planning to help. Hopefully you will all enjoy the fruits of your labors when it is done and our kids all disappear for hours in the incredible playroom we are creating for them! (That is my plan, anyway.)

Here is Ryan doing something to what will be a wall in the playroom.

As I mentioned, it is really hard to get an accurate idea of what is going on here, but nevertheless...here is a view of the hall, with the bathroom on the left and the workout room on the right. The guest room is at the end of the hall and the playroom is in the foreground of the picture.
This is what will be the playhouse and the bathroom.


Here is the workout room.And here is our lovely guest bedroom. Anyone want to come for a visit?

Our plan was to have the whole thing completely finished by the end of August, but unless we have some little fairies come do some work while we are sleeping, I don't see that happening. It will get done at some point though!! We are very excited.

No comments: