
Lincoln turned seven months old on Sunday. I am just now getting around to blogging about it because that is how life is for a fourth child. Forget him ever having such thing as a baby book--but at least he will be blogged about for the rest of his life.
Audrey put her princess hat on him this morning as he chewed on a book. He loves books (he fits right in around here.) He would prefer a book to a toy any day. The other day as we were getting into the car after piano lessons, he got a hold of one of Chloe's books and she took it away from him. From the way he cried about it, you would have thought she had ripped his arms off. He was finally appeased when I gave him the only available book in the car, Isaac's piano theory book. Whatever works.
On his seven month birthday I gave him a taste of ice cream. Can you believe it?! Again, this is a fourth child thing. Isaac didn't have a single taste of refined sugar until his second Halloween, when he was eighteen months old. Maybe I am just trying to make up for the guilt I feel about having to wake Lincoln up from naps to drag him to all of his siblings' various activities. Never did that with the other kids either! Another first--I actually bought some jars of baby food this week. All of my other kids have gotten homemade baby food--including homemade whole grain baby cereals. I hope to be able to get around to doing this for Lincoln. I'm just so busy just trying to keep my head above water!!
Lincoln has really enjoyed accompanying the kids to swim lessons, even though I do have to wake him up to get there on time. He LOVES to swim! I hold him in the water and he lays flat on his tummy and kicks his legs and splashes with his arms. He doesn't even seem fazed when the water gets on his face. He just laughs the whole time we are in the pool.
So, Happy Seven Months, Lincoln!! I can't believe it has been seven months already. I really thought I would be skinnier by now...:) We love our little guy and how he has made our family complete!
3 comments:
Man, we started Brandon on Mt. Dew at about 3 weeks. That doesn't bode well for poor Trevor, does it?
I can't believe your first kid didn't have sugar until 18 mths. I let Brittan taste her first Nothing Bundt Cake (a famous cake out here, I don't know if they have it in Denver). She was loving it.
You do realize that even with your "fourth child lapses", you're still making the rest of us look bad?! Happy 7 months, Lincoln! Cute pictures.
Post a Comment