Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Little Bully


I took the kids to the day care center at the gym yesterday. I wasn't sure how Lincoln would do since he is just starting to be more wary of strangers and he was crying when I left him. When I came back to pick him up, he was laying by himself in a little wooden crib like an orphanage baby in a third world country. The lady in charge said that he had head butted another baby so they put him in there. I just looked at her. Does she not have kids? Has she never had a baby? Lincoln is seven months old. It's not like he maliciously attacked another child. He probably just lost his balance and fell over!! It was really crowded in there and I think they just didn't have enough manpower to deal with all the kids so it was easier to put him in the crib. Which is fine, but don't make it sound like a punishment for head butting another baby!

He did much better today, by the way. Maybe there weren't any babies for him to beat up on.

5 comments:

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

I am so sorry!!!! Not what you want to hear after having a good workout! They could play with us too! I promise not to lock him in a crib!

Jenni said...

Ah, the love/hate relationship with the gym daycare.

Hilarious. You should have called the girl on it. But then...they'd probably blacklist poor Lincoln, and he'd end up in the "playpen" everyday.

Heather said...

I took Kyan to the gym almost everyday starting at 6 months. I have only taken Brittan once. I told the girls as I was dropping her off that Brittan would be hungry in about 15 min. Thirty min later, someone finally came to get me because she was crying. I asked if they tried giving her the bottle and she looked at me like she didn't know what I was talking about! When I got to the kids club it was obvious Brittan had been crying for a very long time. I haven't taken her back yet.

Sarah said...

That is pretty awful. I love our gym daycare here usually, but I do sometimes wonder what actually goes on once I leave.

Owen just turned 7 months earlier this week, and I have to say that he kind of IS a bully. He scoots on his belly right over anything that's in his way, including other babies.

Unknown said...

You really should discipline him better you know? :) haha j/k