Friday, July 11, 2008

Call me crazy...

We have been planning to go on this ward campout for months now. The kids are so excited they have been talking about little else. Unfortunately, Ryan has been fighting off a bad cold for over a week now and it has started to settle into his chest. So he is really not up to camping. So...I am single-handedly going to take the three older kids off into the wilderness and camp tonight. I know that in no way is this going to turn out well, but the kids are so excited that I really want to do it for them. I told Isaac that Ryan probably wasn't going to be able to come and he said, "But you don't know how to set up a tent!" Well, I'm sure I can figure it out. I didn't suffer through three miserable, awful, wretched years of girls' camp for nothing. I even know how to lash, people! I always lashed things that were much more interesting than latrines or clotheslines when I went to girls' camp. I did a beautiful bird bath once.

So--be thinking about me and praying for me tonight!!!! If there are any bears where we are going, I am going to lose it. I am so scared of bears.

HELP!!! If we make it home alive, I'm sure to have one heck of a post tomorrow...

p.s. What the heck is a "vault toilet" anyway? It really just doesn't sound good.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

good luck, but how bad can it get with that many will and ready priesthood leaders on hand? we're sad we're not going...but seeing as how our contractor needs to be working tomorrow....oh well. have fun, we'll miss being there.

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

Hope you are surviving the campout! I backed out of ours at the last minute! I was laying in bed the night before thinking "I'm to old to be sleeping on the cold hard ground!"

travelingmom said...

Lindsay, good job! I would never take the kids camping alone (even with many a ward member to help out) I woke up in sweat this morning from a bear camping nightmare. This was prompted by a campout planned next month! I agree about the bear thing!

Jenni said...

You're crazy.

:-)