Friday, October 2, 2009

I will finish this someday, I promise.



On with our journey...

On Friday we started off the morning at the Grizzly Discovery Center where we got to see...BEARS! (Behind giant bars, of course.) We also saw some wolves and lots of interesting displays about them both. Then we headed back to our cabin for some lunch and down time before we met up my friend Priscilla and her family. We haven't seen each other in five years but it really hasn't seemed that long at all. I'm so glad we live somewhat closer now and I hope we can make this a yearly tradition.

Here is the crew at the Grizzly Discovery Center. Lincoln loved this bear. He kept hugging it and was very reluctant to leave.

I wish they had sold these at the gift shop. I need one for my house. "Help protect the Mental Health of Lindsay--NO LOUD NOISES or attempts to get her attention."
Here is the happy family on a nature walk with Priscilla and her family.

Priscilla's kids are pretty much matched up to mine in terms of age and gender, so they all had a great time together. My girls took a while to warm up to Sophie, but they had a wonderful time once they got over their initial shyness. They still talk about her all the time and want to invite her to their birthday party. (You up for that drive, Priscilla?!)
After the nature walk, we went back to their campsite and had a BBQ dinner, dutch oven dessert and s'mores of course. The campsite was incredibly beautiful and right next to a little river that the kids enjoyed immensely. (A little too much, in my opinion--they went wading right in with their jeans still on!!) Lincoln just liked throwing things into it.Here is Isaac with Sammy who is just a few months younger than him. The sun was setting over the river and it looked beautiful! We went hiking on this trail for a while, but it got too dark and someone in our party was deathly afraid of bears...

Here is Priscilla and I at the end of the night. I really wish we could have spent more time together but I'm glad we got to see each other! There may not be anyone else who knows me quite so well! Next year we will do it for longer, Priscilla!!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

It was so great to see you guys. I was reading this post to the kids, big mistake! Sophie hasn't stopped talking about (pleading, I should say) going to the twins' birthday party! Apparently the concept of distance is too abstract for a 6 year old. I hope we can make this get together a more regular thing.