Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Swine Flu...our perspective

I should have done this a while ago...several of you have asked what our symptoms have been. Here you go...

For both Ryan and I it came on really, really quickly. We both started feeling pressure in our chest--like bad chest congestion. Then came headaches, body aches and coughing. We both had tingling in our extremities. And extreme exhaustion. And labored breathing. Those were our main symptoms with H1N1 .

We have become experts in this particular disease. Here is my professional medical opinion...if you have those symptoms, you most likely have H1N1. At least if you live around here. I don't know if it is like this everywhere, but the doctors have told us NO ONE has the "seasonal flu" in Colorado--it is just the swine flu. The pediatrician told me the local Children's Hospital is seeing 300 new cases a day right now. Good news--the swine flu itself IS NOT dangerous, just the complications that can arise from it (like pneumonia, hmmm...) Ryan's doctor told him that it is predicted that 40% of the population nationally WILL GET THIS. So--get ready, it is coming your way! :) More good news--I've had it, so I can help you when you get it!:)

As for Lincoln's symptoms...ugh. He has had a horrible cough for three weeks now with a runny nose. The thing that concerns us the most is that he keeps getting fevers even though he has been on antibiotics. He is now starting his second round of those to hopefully get rid of his pneumonia. He seems to be doing a bit better today, so maybe (cross your fingers) the end is near!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks Lindsay! I guess Taytum just has a regular virus going around...nothing to do with chest pains or trouble breathing. I'll count my blessings right now and know what to look for in the future. Hope things are on the up and up for you guys! I'm sure you are so sick of being sick.

Rochelle said...

ugh! I hope you guys get to 100% soon. I feel for you! Hey, at least you got it over with early and will be able to enjoy the holidays, etc., without it looming over your head. Hang in there!

Jenni said...

Tell me there's a bright side...like...once you've had it, you won't get it again. I hope, for your sakes, that is the case!

Jenni said...

Suckwaga!

Anna M said...

How do you get Tamiflu? I would like to avoid your nightmare.